• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Where do you do most of your reading?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Where do you do most of your reading?

Unread post

Where do you do most of your reading?Do you like to read in bed or at a desk or table? Are you more into listening to audio books while driving or do you prefer to curl up to a good book in a favorite chair? I'm only looking for your most common reading location. Results (total votes = 17):I listen to audio books while driving&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspI primarily read in bed&nbsp5 / 29.4%&nbsp I've got a chair in which I do most of my reading&nbsp2 / 11.8%&nbsp I sit at my desk or table and read&nbsp4 / 23.5%&nbsp Other&nbsp6 / 35.3%&nbsp 
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Where do you do most of your reading?

Unread post

Personally, I do most of my reading at my desk. When I open a book in bed it doesn't take long for my eyelids to grow heavy. My desk isn't so comfy and I can knock out plenty of pages before growing tired.When I'm not tired I'll sit in my recliner wrapped in a blanket with my feet up. This is how I prefer to read, but my current recliner isn't so comfy. One of these days I'll buy the perfect reading chair.My dream is to have a beautiful library with cherry wood furniture and bookshelves. I also envision a super plush recliner sitting next to a big fireplace so I can read near a warm fire.
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

i usually read a lot in bed before going to sleep. if a book is really good, i'll read it everywhere in the house. all books accompany me into the bathroom, affectionately known as the library in my house i get a lot of reading done at the laundromat too. though sometimes i forget why i am there and leave clothes sitting around in a stopped machine for an extra hour.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Hah! That reminds me! I forgot clothes in the dryer last night while reading. They have to be pretty wrinkled by now.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I most often read on the couch. I am currently looking for a chaise lounge to go in my computer/reading room. When I get the chaise, that will probably be my favorite place to read.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

None of these options really apply to me as I do most of my reading outside the house. I like having activity around me, so I'll usually read in the public square of the neighborhood where I work. When it's cold, I'll spend a lot of time in coffeehouses and the like. When I read at home, it's usually on the couch or at the dining room table. If I read in bed, it's usually only a short story. But the reading I do at home probably accounts for no more than 1/10th of the total reading I do.
Marji1952

Unread post

Usually somewhere that I can be horizontal: bed or couch.
MisterG2120

Unread post

Oh, I hate to say it, but... in the can.I have little kids, where else can I get some privacy??
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I read during lunch at work, which is "a" table but not my table; I read on the can; and now that we're caught up at my new job, I'll be doing some reading here.For better or worse I'm a total chat junkie and spend my spare time at home in the chat rooms. If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything. Daniel Dennett, 1984
MonsterDick

Unread post

I need a desk or table to read well and comfy really!!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”