• In total there are 24 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
beechnut79
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Just finished reading "The Seventeen Solutions" by legendary activist Ralph Nader. He discusses ideas for getting out of the current malaise we seem to be stuck in.
bloomsbury
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi to everybody. I have just joined your reading group and I I hope to find interesting suggestions. I am based in Italy and I am particularly fond of Victorians - Virginia Woolf and Jane Austen.
At the moment I am reading "The London Scene" by Virginia Woolf.
Hela0626
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am just about finished with If I Only Knew... by Gigi Scott. It's an inspirational true story. The author uses a pseudonym because she had to get protection from the FBI, as her ex-husband took out a horrifying plot to destroy her life and from what I read had threatened her life and that of her daughter. Besides that (I assume that is the plot and all the details are in the next and final chapter I am reading), the story is absolutely fascinating. It is full of history as well. Gigi's mother escaped the Nazi take over, and with her family escaped to what was then Palestine. She served in the British army, and was used as a spy, only she didn't know it. Gigi was married to an Israeli mobster who caused her to try to kill herself. The story of the Israelis and their treatment of women is disgusting and horrifying. Gigi's life is by no means EASY! However, as much as I cried and laughed, I find her story to be inspirational. I can't put the book down. 650 pages that captivated me more and more as I progressed through the book. The final chapter is what I've been waiting for. Will leave it for tomorrow as it's time to get some sleep. Good night to all.
Hela0626
Official Newbie!

Unread post

@bloomsbury Jane Austen... the classics.... my absolute favorite!!!!!!!!
sonia 33
Official Newbie!

Unread post

How to cook 50 delicious recipes http://howtocook50deliciousrecipes.weebly.com
The book has very nice recipes in it and was very cheap.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

The Brothers Karamazov (re-read), The Black Swan (the nonfiction one). and Barack Obama: The Story, by David Maraniss. The last one I recommend for anyone who isn't turned on by the typical biography of a politician. David Maraniss is a superb historian who weaves the varied stands of Obama's early life in a way that doesn't provide simple answers, but answers to the complexity and chaos of life. He's like a novelist-biographer. He conveys to the reader his sense of wonder that seemingly trivial events in the lives of two extended families in Kansas and Kenya changed history, bringing to the world stage the most unlikely of presidents, Barack Obama. I'm on page 100 and Barack has just been born.
thebookwheel
Master Debater

Unread post

Right now I am halfway through "The Senator's Wife" by Sue Miller. I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet, but I am reserving judgment until the end!
The Book Wheel
www.thebookwheelblog.com
Books, Politics, + More!
idiot_prince
Official Newbie!

Unread post

curently reading p.s. powers new book young acients series just started today and dont rember the tittle, that and rothfuss wise mans fear its really good about a brilliant kid who has a tragic start in life but works his way though it and attents an academy that basicaly teaches magic, thats where im at right now id give it a 4/5, lol im not good at staying on one book at a time also reading D.W. jackson inexperenced mage, kinda diffrent world with women in charge cant really say if i like it or not yet
tomrosemasters
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Just finished reading the novel by Bruce Chatwin, Utz. A short book, but an amazing read! I think Bruce Chatwin managed to grasp and express the whole atmosphere of the Central Europe, in the 20th century, the way people lived back then. Great book. The next one I started reading is Changing Places by David Lodge. :)

Return to “What are you currently reading?”