• In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
butterflylover
Getting Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

I'm reading a perfect blood by Kim Harrison.
Biblio Phile
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The Doors of Perception - Aldous Huxley

The Making of the Atomic Bomb - Richard Rhodes
TheManOfThought
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hello, I am the man of thought. New to this site, Excited to get to know everybody.
I read a lot of books by several different authors. I love history books. Most people seem to think that is a little dry, but history truly excites me. I just wish more people knew the truth about things that have gone on, instead of just trusting the government or media. The most current thing i have been reading is not a history book at all though. Its a new book, and unknown author.
Author: Adriana Thompson
Title: Faded
Genre: I suppose it would be Sci-Fi/Fiction but it contains a bit of mystery and suspense as well.
It is a delightful story Of a young girl Who suddenly finds everything she ever knew to be not what she knew at all. You'd have to read it to understand. I don't want to be a spoiler so i won't go into to much detail, but it has been keeping me thinking, i didn't want to set it down. Very good read, but i think that it is only on kindle. I normally prefer hard books but times are changing and i guess we have to adjust some with certain things. The good things about e books are that you have access to so many without ever leaving your chair, disadvantage, if anyone ever crashes the system then the knowledge that is contained in the books only online will be lost forever. Another great book i have read lately is by the

Author William P. Grady.
title: how satan turned america against God.
Genre: History, Religious, Reality.
He goes through alot of history in this true book, and he has the evidence to back up what he is saying. Things we never knew about. very good find as well. It covers the founding of America, The persecution of the Christians, the Jews and How they are tied to America, and How the constitution came about, there is much much more contained with in its pages, It is a really really thick book packed full with knowledge. There are so many Good books and i know you don't want to hear about all that i have read. I could talk all day. So some one else can talk awhile =0)
oh yeah, one more great book is. He chose the nails by Max Lucado. It really is a great book, talking about why Jesus went to the cross. Very good read. I love reading when i can. My favorite book by far is the Bible KJV. and we know the greatness that is contained with in it. Anyways take care. thanks for your time.
Emma Clark Lam
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have just finished 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak. It was good read - moving and intelligent - with an interesting narrator: Death! At times I found the narrative style a bit contrived, but the characters were complex and engaging. It was also interesting (and affecting) to read about the second world war from the German perspective. You have to ask yourself why the human race has inflicted so much suffering on itself. This is something the 'Death' character grapples with. For a book that deals in so much misery, there is also enough human goodness (or just about enough). Worth a read.

With reference to previous posts, I also really enjoyed 'The Kite Runner' and LOVED 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'. Great storytelling and so much emotional power. I would strongly recommend 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' although not an easy read at times.
Emma Clark Lam
Blogger and author of Kindle book, A Sister for Margot
"Such an enjoyable read and the quality of the writing was what made it so. I could not put it down..." - Amazon review

Emma's blog
butterflylover
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm almost done with reading pale demon by Kim Harrison.
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

In September, I plan on reading The Disciplinary Revolution by Philip Gorski, Neostoicism and the Early Modern State by Gerhard Oestreich, and The Crisis of the European Mind 1680-1715 by Paul Hazard.
Rita McBride
Master Debater

Unread post

I'm reading Cannery Row (again). Haven't read it in 25 years. I'm amazed at how much I enjoy it. This is Steinbeck at his best. Grapes of Wrath was okay, but it was politics that made that novel as well-known as it was. No such "promotion" for Cannery Row, but I believe it is far better than "the Grapes" or even Mice and Men. Mack's boys looking down on society is priceless, and puts us all in our place a little bit. Very humorous, too. Will read a third time soon.
Avidreader26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The word according to garp by John Irving and lets explore diabetes with owls by David sedaris.
"So much working, reading, thinking, living to do! A lifetime is not long enough."- Sylvia Plath Image
robinmark
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am reading “Among Others ” .It is a compelling story of a young woman struggling to escape a troubled childhood. I started reading it because of my friend's recommendation. As I was not much interested because it was a science fiction novel. Later I downloaded an app for my iPhone which give me a brief description about the book. And as soon as I read the brief description I just wanted to complete the book. I just downloaded the book and started reading it. If you too feel to know briefly about the book which you want to read then here is the site for iPhone app.I’m not sure whether this is applicable for other handsets. Even if not app, then this site will help you get more idea about the award winning science fiction books.
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Also started Philosophical Pride: Political Thought from Lipsius to Rousseau.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”