• In total there are 8 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What do you do for a living?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Thank you

Unread post

Thank you all so much, Mary, your story is hysterical, I would laugh out loud, but I think I will snigger instead!

Suzanne
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: Suprise

Unread post

Saffron wrote:I did one term at a community college as an adjunct, teaching Soc. 101 & an Archeology online class. Community college was no fun.
There are good and bad things about teaching at Community Colleges. I have taught at both CCs and 4 years. At CCs you get a wider diversity of students and I like that. At 4 years you tend to get better prepared students and I so do not like to have to teach basic-essay 101 while also teaching whatever course material I have actually been hired to teach.
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: Thank you

Unread post

Suz wrote:Thank you all so much, Mary, your story is hysterical, I would laugh out loud, but I think I will snigger instead!
Have you ever seen those big red buttons that you press and they say "Easy" or "No Problem" or something like that? I have always wanted one that erupted in a loud snigger. I can imagine all kinds of places where I would hit that button.
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
Rancher
Almost Comfortable

What I do for a living is ....

Unread post

I am a Cattle Rancher. First and for most.

I also raise registered cattle and show them.

I also am a published author of Non-Fiction and Western/Mystery/Romance.

I also have a horse boarding facility. I am also an equine appraiser.

And I am a Livestock Evacuation Cordinator. So if a horse or some other livestock animal is in danger of fire or other disaster I rescue them.

I travel around to different counties and states and put on 4-H clipping, fitting and showing clinics.

I am very involved with the local 4-H and Cattlemen's association.
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

I am the invaluable CEO of a well-known publishing house and a world-famous writer who has sold over 100 books. My books have sold a billion copies worldwide...

...I wish. :(

Unfortunately, I am actually just a penniless college student aspiring to be a writer of fiction and a high school English teacher at the same time. :book:

:indian: I just love this smiley.

Return to “Everything Else”