• In total there are 20 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Who exactly wrote all 3 "Good Books"?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Re: Who exactly wrote all 3 "Good Books"?

Unread post

Quote:
Joining a discussion on a book I've yet to read would expose me to nothing but "spoilers", no? :-)

But that is what this forum is about: reading intelligent books together. So you would not be joining in a discussion about a book you had never read. You would be discussing the book as you read it. :)
I understand exactly what you mean now. Discussing while reading groups versus read the book and then discuss it groups. I am in the latter camp myself. I enjoy discussing the book while it's still fresh in my mind.

In the future when I'm NOT reading several books simultaneously and IF I have the delectable book to be discussed in my mitts, have no fear. I'll be there with bells on. :)
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Re: Who exactly wrote all 3 "Good Books"?

Unread post

booklady wrote:
Quote:
Joining a discussion on a book I've yet to read would expose me to nothing but "spoilers", no? :-)

But that is what this forum is about: reading intelligent books together. So you would not be joining in a discussion about a book you had never read. You would be discussing the book as you read it. :)
I understand exactly what you mean now. Discussing while reading groups versus read the book and then discuss it groups. I am in the latter camp myself. I enjoy discussing the book while it's still fresh in my mind.

In the future when I'm NOT reading several books simultaneously and IF I have the delectable book to be discussed in my mitts, have no fear. I'll be there with bells on. :)

Reading one book at a time?
if you mean only holding one book in front on one's nose at a time and scanning the page, agreed. If you mean only being in the process of reading one book, completing it before starting another; what a novel (get the pun) concept.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”