• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Who is your favorite FICTION author?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Who is your favorite FICTION author?

Unread post

Picking just one is a tough call, but I've read just about every Louis L'Amour title under the sun and I know it'll be a sad day when I run out of fresh stuff.
jimmurdoch
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Not to discredit those authors where I've read only one of their books, and whose names I don't have on easy recall, my favourites are Dan Brown, Stephen King, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Paulo Coelho. These are the authors where I have typically bought and read more of their books.
Jim Murdoch

Reading is to enter worlds created in the minds of writers. Writing is to create your own.
teri38
Official Newbie!

Unread post

My favorite modern day fiction author is probably Louise Erdrich. She has a dark but beautifully lyrical way of writing.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I’d have to say that my favorite author is Michael Crichton, especially his biotech thrillers. This is not only the subgenre I enjoy reading but it’s also the one I write in.
Sofia71
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I don't think I have any one particular author....but there's a few that if they wrote a phone book I'd want to own it!

Shirley Jackson
Richard Matheson
Neil Gaiman
Jose Saramago
(older) Stephen King

I'm also liking Liane Moriarty lately, and a bunch of others

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”